Monday, December 10, 2018

Is it OK to Talk to the Dead?

Whenever we lose a loved one, we mourn, grieve, cry; etc. We move on the best that we can, remembering those who have gone before us. As time passes, we talk to our loved ones, gesture towards the sky in remembrance, (as most football players do), ask them for advice when we feel stuck, tell them how much we miss them, etc.

However, when people see that I'm a medium, and that I talk to people who have passed, all of a sudden, I'm a disciple of the devil. I'm treading on dangerous ground; sacred ground that religion deems a sin.

Again, we don't spend time attempting to understand metaphysical gifts such as mediumship...we reach a conclusion based on fear. We separate ourselves from those things we fear, attach a label to the gift and the person that has that gift and immediately dismiss them as somebody or someone to be feared or worse; shunned; ignored, isolated.

This has happened in my own church which I attend.
 I sit at the back because I know there are people several rows ahead of me that have talked about me and my gifts in a negative way and choose to not engage me in conversation so I choose just to sit there and worship God; Jesus, Mary; etc.

Gifts are meant to be shared not put in a box so people can feel at ease. When used correctly in a spiritual way, mediumship is a gift from God. Period.
Peace.


1 comment:

  1. I have always talked with the dead, my parents, my brother especially. My mom and brother had the ‘gift’ but had never learned fully how to use it. I so wish they would ‘come’ to me as they have to my daughter and 8 year old grandson. I’ll just keep talking in hopes they do!

    ReplyDelete

Code Blue and the Dragonfly

 I spent eight months in the hospital finally getting a heart and kidney transplant in Jan. of 2020. The first 45-60 days I was in and out o...